Last week was endurance and so this week I'm working on intervals (to build on my pace). My plan is to tackle my 5k route (3.2 miles) one mile at a time. Run 1 mile at a 7:00 min pace, then walk out 30 seconds, then back 30 seconds (so I'm back at the 1 mile mark) and then repeat 2 more times. My middle mile will be the long one at 1.2 miles and, therefore, my target is 8:24. Last night was my first attempt at this schedule...
I totally destroyed my workout in the first 0.5 miles… what I intended to run in 7:00 I ran in 5:55!!! Ugh! Way way too fast! That first split is just shy of a mile, right at 0.9 miles, but I never adjusted my split location b/c it’s right in the middle of a turn in the sidewalk, so I can be sure to have it in the same place every time, otherwise I’d have to go by small saplings along the path or something… so anyway… translating that 5:55 to a mile makes it a 6:15 mile!!! hahahaha… WAY TOO FAST… then I walked, took me 45 secs just to regain myself, then decided to start up again at 2 mins (not 1 minute)… went another .25 miles and decided that I was TOAST… stopped… walked back 2 mins, then jogged to my .9 mile mark, and then hit 7:00 on the way home from that point and it felt good… but man I really killed myself with that 5:55 start! Ugh…
Background info: I had a screaming headache that kicked in around 3:00, I was hoping that getting home, playing with the kiddos would eliviate my pains, nope, nothing… food didn’t help either… so then I was relying on my run… MAN OH MAN! That was the WRONG answer! Blood pumpin’ too fast, breathing too hard… anyway, I was exhausted before I started… I think I could have gone to bed at 7 last night! ha! so all things considered with my condition… I consider that run as a B+… great first attempt! At least now I have a feel for what a 7:00 min pace is! That will certainly help me out tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment