Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Mission

So... I love to help others... and I spend a good deal of time, running/biking/swimming-although, not near as much as others, this still gives me a lot of time to think... about anything... how fast I'm going (or not going), what we need at the grocery store, about other people that inspire me... it was during these thoughts about people that I got to wondering, how can I use all my time out exercising to benefit others? How can I combine the two? The FitGive is the result. Totally unrefined at the moment and completly unstructured... the idea is simple: I compete, you donate...

For each competition, I'll have a charity that I'm going to compete for, endorse, if you will. This will motivate me while I train! I can think about helping them, I can Visualize a child in a Cancer Unit, or families caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's and when my training gets tough, I'll be able to buckle down and make it count for them... something to dedicate myself to. I don't know how many competitions I'll do this year, 2-4ish, but as I compete/train, I'll set goals. Based upon the event I'm doing, the goal I have set, or the Charity that I've picked, you can simply go to their site and make a donation... again, the idea is still not very developed, but will grow as the year progresses...

Thank you all for your time and interest! I'll work on my training to hit my targets... you guys can feel great, knowing that you are supporting others and encouraging me in a HUGE way... Thanks for helping me make The FitGive a Reality! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment